The Hepburn Library of Norfolk is located at 1 Hepburn Street, Norfolk New York. Norfolk is nestled in St. Lawrence County which has a mix of small towns, farms and forests.
We are one of seven Hepburn libraries located in St. Lawrence County. The Hepburn Library of Norfolk serves the township of Norfolk by providing current high-demand, high-interest material in a variety of formats for persons of all ages.
The library also assists community members in discovering all the services, facilities and opportunities available through the library and promotes their interest in reading and learning.
The Hepburn Library of Norfolk’s primary role is to “open the Door to Learning” with a secondary role as a “Popular Materials” Library. To perform these roles the library has become an “Electronic Doorway Library”
The Hepburn Library of Norfolk was gifted to the Town of Norfolk by Alonzo Barton Hepburn. Mr. Hepburn was a locally born philanthropist and banker from Colton, NY. The building was designed by architects Rossiter & Muller and built in 1919–1920. It is a “T” shaped, cross gable roofed Georgian Revival style brick building on a full, raised basement. The library officially opened in November of 1921
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more content and fun!
What do we offer?
The library has a large collection of classic & popular literature, picture books, & non-fiction titles available for checkout.
Audio books on CD are also available in our collection.
We have over 600 DVD’s and Blu-ray titles available for lending.
- Public computers & printers ($0.20 cents per page, $0.40 double sided, Up to ten (10) Free Print-outs per Elementary & High School Homework Assignment/Project
- Scanning/Copying (copies are $0.15 single sided and $0.30 double sided.)
- Faxing ( Sending $1.00 for the first page and $0.50 for each page after, for receiving a fax the first page is $0.50 and $0.15 for each page after)
- Wi-fi available 24/7 inside and out!
- Library hall available to Norfolk residents with fully equipped kitchen (please see our policy page about booking the Library hall
Hours of operation:
January 1, 2021-New Year’s Day
January 18, 2021-Martin Luther King Day
February 15, 2021-Presidents’ Day
May 31, 2021-Memorial Day
September 6, 2021 -Labor Day
October 11, 2021 -Columbus Day
November 11, 2021-Veterans Day
November 25, 2021-Thanksgiving Day
November 26, 2021- Day after Thanksgiving
December 24, 2021-Christmas Eve. Actually Christmas Day (observed)
December 25, 2021-Christmas
December 31, 2021-New Year’s Eve. Actually New Year’s Day (observed)
Library Aide– Maria Peacock
Library Aide-Michele LaPointe