How do you borrow items?
- Library cards are required to borrow materials.
- Complete a registration form and provide identification. (Primary identification to be used is identification with a picture (preferably a Driver’s License) which has the individual’s current address. )
- Individuals will be able to sign out (2) items until Library is presented with confirmed current address.
- Children 14 and under must apply with a parent or guardian and that adult’s signature is required on their registration form. Patrons must be at least 5 years old.
Did you Know…
You can borrow books, DVDs, and many other items from the Hepburn Library of Norfolk using your North Country Library System(NCLS) card. Using the NCLS online catalog, search for items in all 65 of its member libraries and place holds on them from home. Choose to have all your items delivered to your home library, or change the pickup location to suit you. You can also access digital resources from the NCLS online catalog, including:
If you need a library card, stop in to the Library and ask how to get one or you can register online!
This will bring you to the application form – you’ll enter your contact information, create a PIN, and select a home library. A six-digit number will be generated, and you’ll use this as your library card number when you access OverDrive and other online resources of the North Country Library System. You’ll need to stop into a library after creating an account to get a physical card.
What online resources can I access with my NCLS card?
OverDrive (link is external): Patrons can enjoy access to over 7,000 e-book titles and almost 2,000 e-audio titles in the NCLS OverDrive collection, with curated collections for children (link is external) and teens (link is external). Learn more here (link is external).
Universal Class: Learners have access to over 500 different self-guided courses, including subjects in general education, teacher resources, office skills, and hobbies. Learn more here (link is external).
ArtistWorks (link is external): Learn a musical instrument online! Each instrument has a massive lesson library that covers the fundamentals, advanced techniques, and key learning strategies. Lessons are accessible anywhere, from any device. Learn more here (link is external).
Fold3: Features premier collections of original military records. These records include the stories, photos, and personal documents of the men and women who served in the military. Many of the records come from the U.S. National archives, The National Archives of the U.K. and other international records. Learn more here (link is external).
Data Axle: Offers the most up-to-date data available in the market for small business owners and marketing professionals. Learn more here (link is external).
Cypress Resume: Jobseekers can build a resume with an easy-to-use template that provides concise, professional language to describe core tasks of a multitude of professions. Learn more here. (link is external)
Once you are into your account:
You will see a main page that looks like this:
From here you can edit your personal information, change your PIN and some of your preferences. You can also see other tabs to select and quick view of how many checkouts, holds and any bills you may have.
What else can you do while logged in? Click through the tabs and look at each option to see more.
- Place holds, renew items, pay bills.. Note: Do not place a hold on an item marked “NEW” from another library, as their patrons have first “dibs” and the wait will be lengthy.
- turn on the option to record your checkout history (under preferences)
- see what items you’ve paid bills on