This month we are discussing Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine: A Novel by Gail Honeyman. Copies of the book are available for checkout at the library ahead of time.
September 23rd-October 3rd-Storywalk presented by the library in the Raymondville park. Enjoy a story and a stroll around the park!
10/1 at 5pm- Story hour at the Library in the Children’s Room. Join us for Halloween themed stories & more!
10/2 from 9am-noon- Friends of the Library booksale in the Library Hall. Proceeds benefit the Friends of the Library.
10/2 10am & 3pm Story Hour at Dominic Zappia Arena- Look for the yellow sign! Weather permitting.
Notice:Our regularly scheduled story hour is moving to an online virtual and grab & go format.
what that means: Starting October 1st we will have bags ready to pickup that have kits for all of Octobers story hour crafts in them , then on October 6th- join us on Facebook for the first Story! Weekly on Wednesdays we will post the story and you can make that weeks craft- we hope you will join us as we once again use this format.
If you have any questions about story hour- please call the library at (315)384-3052.
The Library will be closed on Monday, September 6th in observation of Labor day. We will reopen for our regular hours on the 7th.
Unfortunately we have to cancel the Board of Trustees meeting that was scheduled for 8/23/2021 at the last minute. This meeting will not be rescheduled. The board will plan to meet in September. We are sorry for the short notice.
Adult Fiction/ YA Fiction
World champions! : a Max Einstein adventure / James Patterson and Chris Grabenstein ; illustrated by Jay Fabares. The Boxcar children. Trouble on the Wild West Express / created by Gertrude Chandler Warner ; illustrated by Hollie Hibbert.
True or false : a CIA analyst’s guide to spotting fake news / Cindy L. Otis. #MeToo and you : everything you need to know about consent, boundaries, and more / Halley Bondy ; illustrated by Timothy Corbett.
Join us on Friday, August 20th for the awarding of the top readers, games, sidewalk chalk drawing and ice cream!
stop in at 10am for the start of the fun and to pick up your prizes. Make sure to drop of your summer reading challenge logs by 8/19 to be considered in the running for top readers.
Thank you to Hazel’s Ice Cream for partnering with us to provide Ice Cream for this event!
Visit their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/HazelsIceCream/
At The September 15th, 2021 Board of Trustees meeting it was voted that the Hepburn Library of Norfolk would modify it’s COVID procedures, policy guidelines and operations to match that of current CDC guidance. Summed up, that means that vaccinated visitors to the library need to wear masks as well as well as our unvaccinated visitors. We have masks available in the upstairs entry vestibule for anyone who needs one.
To read the latest policies from the Board of Trustees:
- Fallen / Linda Castillo
- Forever My Own / Tracie Peterson
- It’s Better This Way / Debbie Macomber
- The Lies That Bind / Emily Giffin
- Nine Lives / Danielle Steel
- The Shadow / James Patterson
- Silence in the Shadows / Darcy Coates
- An Unlikely Match / Beth Wiseman
- Malibu Rising / Taylor Jenkins Reid (Coming Soon)
- Not a Happy Family / Shari Lapena (Coming Soon)
- The Women’s March / Jennifer Chiaverini (Coming Soon)
- The Cellist / Daniel Silva 7/13/2021
- Second Chance at Sunflower Ranch / Carolyn Brown (Coming Soon)
- Someone to Cherish / Mary Balogh
- The Sweetness of Water / Nathan Harris
- Back on Track! / Christy Webster
- Meet Mario! / Malcolm Shealy
- Paw Patrol Phonics / Jennifer Liberts (Coming Soon)
- Peppa Loves Yoga / Lauren Holowaty
- Summer Adventure for Groot! / Brendan Deneen
- What Would You Do in a Book About You? / Jean Reidy
- Marcus Makes a Movie / Kevin Hart
- The Mysterious Eye of the Dragon / Geronimo Stilton 7/20/2021
- Big Nate Top Dog / Lincoln Peirce (Coming Soon)
- Samantha Helps a Friend / Rebecca Mallary 7/13/2021
- The Big, Fun Kids Baking Book / Maile Carpenter (Coming Soon)
- The Illustrated Encyclopedia of the Elements / Lisa Congdon 7/13/2021
- A Quiet Place Part II (Coming Soon)
- The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run (Coming Soon)
Young Adult Fiction & Non-Fiction
TODAY’S SESSION (7/8/21) OF STORY HOUR WILL BE AT THE LIBRARY DUE TO WEATHER.