New Books November
- Daylight / David Baldacci
- In the Lion’s Den / Barbara Taylor Bradford
- Piece of my Heart / Mary Higgins Clark
- Law of Innocence / Micheal Connelly
- Fortune and Glory / Janet Evanovich
- The End of Her / Shari Lapena
- The Kingdom / Jo Nesbo
- Three Women Disappear / James Patterson
- A Christmas Resolution / Anne Perry
- All that Glitters / Danielle Steel
- The Psychology of Money : Timeless Lessons on Wealth, Greed, and Happiness / Morgan Housel
- Home Learning Year by Year : How to Design a Homeschool Curriculum from Preschool Through High School / Rebecca Rupp
- The Self-Sufficient Life and How to Live it : the Classic Back-to-Basics Guide to Going off the Grid / John Seymour
- Frontier Follies : Adventures in Marriage & Motherhood in the Middle of Nowhere / Ree Drummond
- Soaked! / Abi Cushman
- Dozens of Doughnuts / Carrie Finison
- The Couch Potato / Jory John
- Dragon’s Merry Christmas / Dav Pilkey
- You Matter / Christian Robinson
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas / by Dr. Seuss
- Peppa Pig. Happy Hanukkah! / Cala Spinner
- The Mouse Watch / J. J. Gilbert
- The Deep End / by Jeff Kinney
- The lost Book of the White / Cassandra Clare
- Poisoned / Jennifer Donnelly
- Super Fake Love Song / David Yoon
Nov. Tween/Teen STEAM grab and go bags
We have a fun announcement!
We are now offering Tween/Teen STEAM grab and go bags! Pre-register for a bag (each month) and stop in to pick them up when they are ready.
This months STEAM project is art related with a mini macrame wall hanging!
Pre-register now if your interested. Registration ends on the 20th, and bags are available to pickup starting on 11/23.
Each bag/kit comes with everything you need in it to complete the project/activity. These are geared towards tweens/teens (ages 11-18ish!)
REGISTRATION FOR NOVEMBER CLOSED. PLEASE LOOK FOR THE NEXT TWEEN/TEEN STEAM GRAB AND GO BAG SOON!
Norfolk Historical Calendar Sale
The Norfolk Museum is hosting a Calendar sale. Price $15.00 To pre-order call: (315)384-4575 or email: email@example.com
The museum website is available here: http://www.norfolknymuseum.com/index.html
Veteran’s Day Closure- Nov. 11th
The Library will be closed on Wednesday, November 11th, 2020 in observation of Veteran’s Day.. We will reopen our regular hours on Thursday, November 12th, 2020.
New Books October
- Troubles in Paradise / Elin Hilderbrand
- Elsewhere / Dean Koontz
- The Searcher / Tana French
- The sentinel / Lee Child
- Whispers in the mist / Darcy Coates
- The wonder boy of Whistle Stop / Fannie Flagg
- House of correction / Nicci French
- A time for mercy / John Grisham
- Descent / Helen Hardt
- Invisible girl / Lisa Jewell
- Love your life / Sophie Kinsella
- Truly, madly, deeply / Karen Kingsbury
- Jingle all the way / Debbie Macomber
- Murder at Queen’s Landing / Andrea Pensrose
- Five total strangers / Natalie D. Richards
- The invisible life of Addie LaRue / V.E. Schwab
- Shakeup / Stuart Woods
- The Noel Letters / Richard Paul Evans
- American Crisis : Leadership Lessons from the Covid-19 Pandemic / Andrew Cuomo
- Modern comfort food / Ina Garten
- 100 cookies : the baking book for every kitchen with classic cookies / Sarah Kieffer
- The home edit life : the no-guilt guide to owning what you want and organizing everything / Clea Shearer & Joanna Teplin
- Becoming Duchess Goldblatt / Anonymous
- Bedtime for Baby Shark / John Bajet
- Smart george / Jules Feiffer
- Where is our library? / Josh Funk
- It’s not Little Red Riding Hood / Josh Funk
- It is (not) perfect / by Anna Kang
- Rolling Thunder / by Kate Messner
- The Tower of Nero / Rick Riordan
- Diary of a pug. Pug’s snow day / by Kyla May
- Understanding covid-19 / Douglas Hustad
- My first look at German / by Jenna Lee Gleisner
- My first look at French / by Jenna Lee Gleisner
- My first look at Italian / by Jenna Lee Gleisner
- My first look at Spanish / by Jenna Lee Gleisner
- 50 adventures in the 50 states / Kate Siber
Mobile Maker Kits, Evo and Sphero available for checkout!
Now available for checkout from the Hepburn Library Norfolk, Sphero Mobile Maker kit and Evo Mobile Maker kit!
Both these kits feature hours of fun and educational opportunities and checking them out is easy! Stop in to the library to pick up the kit.
You cannot place holds on these items and certain libraries have these available for checkout, please call or stop in to see us for more information.
Sphero: Learn programming and build great STEAM foundations while having fun with Sphero! Sphero in the NCLS Catalog. What is included? 1 jump ramp — 1 terrain park ramp — 1 sphero chariot — 2 nubby covers — 2 spheros — 2 sphero charging cables — 2 sphero charging blocks — 2 sphero charging bases — 2 clear covers — 2 Ipad charging cords — 2 Ipad charging blocks — 2 Ipads — 1 laminated contents sheet. To learn more about Spheros, you can head to their website (link leads to external source)
Ozobot Evo: Doodle, code and practice your STEAM skills while playing with the Ozobot Evo! Evo in the NCLS Catalog. What is included? 2 charging blocks — 2 charging cords — 2 boxes of color coaded markers — 2 clear skins — 10 foam cylinders — 2 ozobot evos — 1 educator’s guide (25 pages) –1 laminated contents sheet. You’ll need an iPad, iPhone or other smart device for maximum fun, but it is not required to use Evo! To learn more about Ozobots, head over to their website (link leads to external source)
Call us at (315)384-3052 or stop in Monday-Friday from 10Am-12Noon & 2Pm-8Pm to check these kits out! We can answer questions and show you how they work.
Thank you Trick-or-Treaters!
We had so much fun seeing many little Goblins, Ghouls, Witches, Unicorns, Doctors, Pirates and more! Thank you for taking the time to stop in to the Library and take a photo and to grab a craft bag and a treat!
Trick or Treat! We are all treats at the Hepburn Library of Norfolk! We invite all our little goblins and ghouls to stop in anytime the library is open (Monday-Friday 10am-12noon and 2pm-8pm) to Grab some treats, a craft bag, browse a selection of Halloween themed books, movies and more and take a photo at our little backdrop! We can’t wait to see you! We ask that you please practice safe health, and follow and current NYS guidelines including wearing a face covering.
100 years of serving our community
The Hepburn Library of Norfolk turns 99 years old on November 16th, 2020!
Because we are almost 100 years old, we are beginning to plan an exciting centennial year! The library, built in 1920, officially opened its doors on November 16th, 1921. Because of this, we are celebrating 100 years of service in 2021.
check back here often for updates or take a peek at our calendar!
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for the latest news and more…
Want interesting articles and photos about the Library and Norfolk?
Consider checking out: https://nyshistoricnewspapers.org/
Library closed 10/12/20
The Hepburn Library of Norfolk will be closed on Monday, October 12th in observance of Columbus day. We will reopen for our regularly scheduled hours on Tuesday, October 13th.
Library Book Sale
The book sale is STILL going on!
We’ve still got TONS of books that we’d like to get into your hands, therefore our $1.00 bag sale continues until the end of this month! Stop in during library hours Monday-Friday October 19th-30th from 10-12 & 2pm-8pm and fill a bag for $1.00. It can be one of our bags or bring your own! P.S. We will gladly waive the $1.00 if you bring in a canned good to be donated to the local food pantry!
***Please make sure your canned good has not expired. The Norfolk-Raymondville Food Pantry has expressed that there is a need out there for items such as shampoo, deodorant, soap, toothpaste, etc.
*** $1.00 bag sale benefits the friends of the library, the canned good donation will benefit the local food pantry.
***You can browse the book sale in the library hall and make your donation to the food pantry down there as well!
**Information about the previous book sale begins here**
The Hepburn Library of Norfolk book sale October 13th- 16th during library hours in the library hall. Those hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 10AM-12Noon and 2PM-8PM.
Special $1.00 bag sale day on Saturday, October 17th from 9AM-3PM.
Paperbacks $0.50 Hardcovers $1.00 Children’s books $0.25 DVD’s $0.50 Magazines FREE Other Priced as marked
ALL NYS mandates must be followed. This includes wearing a mask over both your nose and mouth. Hand sanitizing will be required upon entry to the building. We will be limiting the number of people in the book sale at once. Please bring your own bag (except on $1.00 bag sale day!)
Payment for the book sale can be made upstairs to staff or in the marked book sale box. We appreciate your patience!
No donations for the book sale are being taken.
This book sale sponsored in part by the Friends of the Norfolk Library